This area offers a lot of different activities for all ages and energy levels:
- Good trout and whitefish fishing in the spring/summer and hunting in the fall and winter.
- Kettle Valley Golf course is open from April until October. It is a beautiful and challenging 3,000 yard 9 hole course.
- Cycling is very popular along the Kettle Valley Railway (KVR) trail and the Great Trail (Trans Canada Trail). Mile zero of the KVR is beside the Museum in nearby Midway.
- Panning for gold in Rock Creek provides lots of fun for the whole family. Pans are available for rental at the creek. Hiking along Rock Creek will reveal many artifacts of the early settlers.
- Christian Valley and the mountains that surround us, as well as the Midway Trail system, provide ample areas for hikers.
- During the summer, swimming in the crystal clear Kettle River or floating down the river is very popular.
- The second weekend after Labour Day brings up to 12,000 visitors to our community for the annual Rock Creek and Boundary fall fair. It is one of the last true country fairs in western Canada. We are sad to share that the 75th Anniversary Diamond Jubilee Celebration planned for September 19th & 20th, 2020 has now been postponed to September 18th & 19th, 2021 due to COVID-19 concerns.
- Several area farms and ranches offer trail riding and farm visits and tours.
- Reading a book on a bench overlooking the river or just watching and listening to the birds, is a very relaxing way to spend your holiday.