This part of the country is semi-desert. Our average yearly rainfall is only 10″. During the summer, our temperature can reach 40°C or above, but it cools down considerably at night for a very comfortable sleep. Click here to check the current seven day forecast.
- Kettle River RV park is situated in south central British Columbia, Canada, between the beautiful Kettle River and Highway 3, in the Kootenay/Boundary country, half way between Osoyoos and Grand Forks.
- Our GPS settings are: Lat.: 49.02.37.7, Long.:126.96.36.199
- We are 9 kilometers east of the junction of Hwy. 3 and Hwy. 33 (Rock Creek.)
- From Osoyoos, we are 60 kilometers east on Hwy. 3, and from Grand Forks we are 69 kilometers west on highway 3.
Click ‘Directions’ on the map below and add your starting location to get your directions to us.
Amenities, Services and Attractions
In the Park:
- We are a very clean, full service RV park that is open year round.
- We have 46 large, level sites with sewer, 30 amp power and water. An additional 12 large, level sites have 30 amp power and water. There are 16 pull thru sites, 2 of which are 100′ long and have 50 amp service as well as 30 amp.
- We carry limited RV supplies.
- We offer wifi access for email and limited browsing (sorry, no streaming).
- Free showers and coin operated laundry are available to our guests.
- Fire pits are located on the river’s edge. Wood is supplied.
- A small children’s play area keeps the little ones occupied.
- We have a volley ball net as well as badminton racquets for our guests to enjoy.
- Large open grass spaces allow plenty of room to play, exercise your dog and enjoy the clean, fresh air.
Kettle Valley Golf Club is directly across the highway from our park and features the Cafe on the Green during golf season;
Rock Creek, 9 km west, is a former gold rush town and offers a very popular Saturday summer market, artisans’ shops, post office, fuel including propane, several summer festivals,an annual rodeo, a well-known Fall Fair, rockhounding and much more.
Midway offers a well-stocked grocery store, gas station, hardware store, insurance service, post office and medical and dental services. Activities and attractions include the Kettle River Museum at Mile Zero of the Kettle Valley Rail Trail, a small USA border crossing, mountain biking and hiking including up to the 49th parallel and much more.
Bonnie and Gary are full-time resident owner-managers. To learn more about us check out our reviews on TripAdvisor. Here are a few excerpts…
” Bonnie and Gary are awesome hosts, full of helpful information, and Gina gave us some excellent hiking tips. This beautiful grassy RV park…”
“This is an amazing place.. Great people.. Great service.. I highly recommend it to the fellow traveller.. It’s been a great pleasure to be here and to have met such wonderful people…”
“…. The park is impeccably kept, the washrooms are immaculate and there is laundry available. Staff are efficient, friendly, but not obtrusive. The price is reasonable. The sites are level and include green space. We always feel safe and relaxed…..”
“We ended up at Kettle River RV Park at 9:30 pm … we desperately needed a place to stop for the night, as our original plan, 60km’s earlier in our travels, left us in an RV park in less than desirable circumstances. Even though Kettle River RV had “no vacancy”, they were extremely understanding and accommodating. Our safety and comfort were their first concern and they quickly found a suitable “parking spot” to get us off the road for the night. When we awoke this morning, we were pleasantly surprised by the beauty and cleanliness of this gem of an RV park…”
We are proudly Canadian and members of:
Thompson-Okanagan Tourism Association, part of HelloBC and Super, Natural British Columbia
BC Lodging & Campground Association, owners of Travel British Columbia website.